Children's Ministry Reopening Update
Thank you to all of our parents and children, volunteers, and fellow church members for your patience and understanding through these past many months of navigating the best path possible regarding our Children’s Ministries.
Beginning on April 18, 2021, we will begin our Phase 3 plan, with childcare available for children 3 to 5 years old during Sunday morning at the 11:15 AM service. Our hope and plan is for Phase 4, the opening of our infant nursery and toddler room, to follow shortly after Phase 3.
Children’s Church for the 11:15 AM service will change slightly and will accommodate 1st – 5th graders. Kindergarteners will now be combined with our 5-year-olds in the 5’s and K Room.
Class Age Ranges and Locations and Times
- 3 and 4-Year-olds in the 3’s and 4’s Room (connected to the Nursery) opens at 11:00 AM for 11:15 AM Service.
- 5’s and K in the 5’s and K Room (at the end of the hall on the kids’ side) opens at 11:00 AM for 11:15 AM Service
- Grades 1 thru 5 - Children’s Church - Kids’ side, the room at the top of the steps opens at 11:00 AM for 11:15 AM Service
- Each classroom will be limited in capacity. Registration will be required through the church website using the same link where parents sign up for church. Once capacity is reached, children will be invited to worship with their families in the main service or parents may bring their children to one of the available overflow rooms (limited capacity also).
- Overflow Rooms have service sound and/or visuals wired in:
- Infant Nursery – Capacity 3 adults, 4 children (on kids side)
- Nursing Mother’s Room – Capacity 4 Women and 4 children (next to the balcony on the office side of the sanctuary)
- Classroom areas will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized weekly.
- Outside toys, snacks, or drinks will not be permitted in the classrooms.
- Both adults and children who demonstrate signs of sickness should stay home.
- When possible, please have the same parent take care of drop-off and pick-up.
- Children’s ministry will be open the first four weeks of the month. On fifth Sunday months, we welcome the children (and volunteers) to join us in the sanctuary for service.
- Masks will be required for children age 5 and over. They are optional for children under age 5.
- Volunteers will use name stickers rather than the usual name badges for the time being. These will be available upon arrival.
- Volunteers will need to wear masks until the mask restrictions are lifted.
- Volunteers will receive appropriate and updated training on any new sanitization practices, including the trading out of toy bins and new check-in and check-out procedures.
- Most volunteers will be serving in a once per month capacity.
- Please be flexible as we will be adding and possibly modifying situations as Covid updates happen. Thank you!
Have any questions? Email email@example.com for more details, or call the church office