- This event has passed.
Grace Serves – H.S. Youth Outreach Day
October 14| FREE
Join the Grace Serves High School Youth Group on Saturday, October 14, 2017 for a day of serving our local communities! There are two ways we are going to serve during the day, then we will all meet back together in the evening for dinner. Here are the two Grace Serves Opportunities:
- D.C. Family Shelter Carnival
- Number of students we can take: 10-12
- Time: Leaving church at 9:30 am and returning by 5:30 pm.
- What: We will be helping Pastor Stephen Joyce and his church, About My Father’s Business, host a family carnival for the D.C. Family Shelter. We will be putting on a quick and easy puppet show, face painting, and taking the opportunity to spread the love of Christ to those who need it.
- Cost: FREE
- Attire: Theme for the carnival is superheroes – so dawn your favorite superhero t-shirt or cape!
- Farming 4 Hunger
- Number of students we can take: 10-15
- Time: Leaving church at 8:00 am and returning around 12:30 pm
- What: We will be taking students down to Serenity Farms off 231 and be helping them with harvesting sweet potatoes so they can provide for families in the county that are in need. This outreach gives us an opportunity to serve the members of our local community here in Calvert County and be good witnesses for Jesus to those we are helping at the farm.
- Cost: FREE
- Attire: wear clothes that you can work outside in. Dress in layers so you are warm or cool depending on the temperature. Wear tennis shoes or closed toe shoes.
DINNER TOGETHER AFTERWARD…
To Show our thankfulness to our students who are serving during the day, we will be taking them out to dinner once the DC students return. If you are able, meet us back at the church at 5:30 pm and we will all head out to dinner together. Cost for dinner will be covered!