December 24 - December 31
Safe Nights of Calvert County is an interfaith consortium of churches that open their hearts and church homes to the homeless for one week each winter. This program brings together citizens from all faiths and civic organizations that are dedicated to a compassionate response to the plight of the homeless in Calvert County. Grace Brethren Church of Calvert County has been involved in Safe Nights since 2008.
This year we are helping Mount Olive United Methodist Church with Safe Nights the last week in December. Mt. Olive is offering the facility and we are bringing the man power (as it takes MANY hands to make this week a success). Please prayerfully consider how you can be a part of this ministry (MONITORS, MEALS or TEAR DOWN/TRANSPORT) – CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER.
MONITORS (Males and Females needed to cover a shift)
- responsible for the safe management of the shelter
- duties include signing in guests, generally monitoring the behaivior of the guests and enjoying their company
- evening monitor shift is from 6:30 pm – Midnight
- Overnight monitor shift from Midnight – 7:00 am.
MEALS (teams sign up to prepare and deliver a complete meal)
- this is a great way for a family or a team to serve together
- clean-up is putting away the food and wiping down the tables.
TEAR DOWN/TRANSPORT (supervise Boy Scouts/Load Truck)
- deliver cots, supplies and luggage to Jesus the Divine Word Catholic Church in Huntingtown, MD
- performed on Sunday morning, Dec. 31st.
Karl and Jackie Amick are our GBC Coordinators, so if you have any questions are would like to donate bread, lunch-meats or condiments for the To-Go Lunches, please call 443-624-9626
Days and times for the week of Dec. 24 – Dec. 31 are found in the registration form. When you sign-up you can choose what days/times are best for you.