- This event has passed.
December 29, 2018 - January 6, 2019
CLICK HERE TO VOLUNTEER.
VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE:MONITORS (Males and Females needed to cover a shift)
- responsible for the safe management of the shelter
- duties include signing in guests, generally monitoring the behavior of the guests and enjoying their company.
- There are 4 monitor shifts you can choose from
- Day Time Monitor (needed for Tuesday, January 1st only)
- evening monitor shift is from 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm (minimum 2 people per shift)
- Overnight monitor shift from 6:30 pm – Midnight (minimum of 2 people, 1 male and 1 female per shift)
- Wee Hours Monitor shift from 12:01 am – 7:30 am (minimum of 2 people, 1 male and 1 female per shift)
- Looking for a DINNER CREW LEADER – who can lead each evening by coordinating the evening meal menu and communicates with the dinner crew to prepare the meal, serve the guests, and clean-up the kitchen after the meal.
- Breakfast Crew – 5:00 am – 8:00 am (minimum of 3 people each morning)
- Lunch Crew – Prepare and pack To-Go Bagged lunches. Can be completed at different times throughout the day *GREAT project for small children to help with.
- Dinner Crew – 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm (minimum of 4-5 people each night) – will work directly with Dinner Crew Leader for directions.
- this is a great way for a family or a team to serve together
- clean-up includes putting away the food and wiping down the tables and kitchen prep areas.
- Daily cleaning of restroom and guest areas.
- Cleaning can be done in groups of 2-3 each day
- Work can be done anytime between 9:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Looking for a CLEANING TEAM LEADER – to help coordinate cleaning team volunteers for the week.
- FINAL CLEAN-UP CREW – needed on Sunday, January 6th from 7:00 am – Noon for the final thorough cleanup of shelter area (much help needed!)
- Cleaning linens – washing, drying, folding all linens after shelter is concluded. *There will be a large amount of laundry
- Looking for a LAUNDRY TEAM LEADER to help coordinate the laundry efforts.
- Receive cots, supplies and luggage on Sunday, December 30th for set-up at GBC. And at the end of the week, on Sunday, January 6th, tear down the shelter and coordinate with the next Safe Nights church for a time to have GBC deliver the materials.
Days and times for the week of Dec. 30 – Jan. 6 are found in the registration form. When you sign-up you can choose what days/times are best for you.