Sunday mornings from 9:30-10:30, our emphasis is on building our youth up in God’s Word. Our middle school Sunday morning curriculum uses The Gospel Project. It is a three-year study that covers every book of the Bible. The goal is that by the time our youth leave middle school they will:
- See how every book of the Bible points to the gospel of Jesus Christ as the source of life-transformation and the foundation for spiritual growth.
- Understand how the entire Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, reveals God’s plan of redemption through Jesus Christ.
- Be challenged to consider how the gospel compels them to live for Christ every day.
- Learn to identify and understand the 99 essential theological doctrines of the Christian faith as they are found throughout the Bible, preparing them to better share and defend their faith.
- CLICK HERE to see our current curriculum.
5:30pm – Pizza for All
6:00-7:15pm – Youth Choir
7:15pm – Dessert and Devotions for All
7:30-8:30pm – Puppets
Choir & Praise Team: Music is a universal language and we like to use it to share the news about God’s love with others. During the school year we have a Youth choir and praise team that gets together for pizza, a short devotional and music. Once each month, our team leads our morning worship services in music. It is a great place to use your musical gifts, both voice and instrumental. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Puppets: Our puppet team practices after our music group each Monday night during the school year. We perform several times over the course of the year, teaching people, young and old, about God’s truth through puppets and music.
Wednesday Evenings Middle School Youth Group (6:45-8:15pm)
Wednesday nights our focus is on applying our faith to real life. Lessons are tailored to get our middle school youth thinking about how they can use what they know about God to navigate the ups and downs of their lives today, as well as when they get older. The format is informal, discussion oriented, with hands-on participation encouraged. We look to tailor topics to those things our youth and their friends are currently engaged with, interested in, or struggling with, and to present the material in a way that is understandable to both those in the church and those who do not come from a church background.
CLICK HERE to see our current curriculum.
At various times of the year our youth go out into the community to serve as the hands and feet of Jesus for no other reason than to let the world know God loves the world.
Usually once a year in the fall our middle school youth go on a weekend spiritual retreat conference with middle school youth from around the region.
To learn more about middle school youth opportunities contact Nathan@calvertgrace.org.